SDSU-LARC staff is adhering to SDSU COVID-19 policies in the offices, labs, and training rooms. The LARC Language Learning Spaces (Storm Hall 204 and 205) are currently open. All regular staff are partially teleworking. Please contact an SDSU-LARC staff member by email for additional assistance.
- For general enquiries: Mat, email@example.com, (619) 594-0958
- Language Learning Spaces (SH 204 & 205) at SDSU/CAL: Mari, firstname.lastname@example.org,
- Language Training Center program: Chris, email@example.com, (619) 594-7131
- Project GO: Evan, firstname.lastname@example.org, (619) 594-1223
- STARTALK and SAILN: Shahnaz, email@example.com, (619) 594-0846
The Language Acquisition Resource Center condemns Putin's order to invade Ukraine. We stand with the people of Ukraine and of this world who want to see peace and freedom return in the region.
SDSU-LARC joins the College of Arts and Letters in our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, which leads to our recognition of and responsibility for being part of a proud transborder, Hispanic-serving institution (HSI) located on the lands of the Kumeyaay Nation.
LARC’s Mission Statement
The Language Acquisition Resource Center (LARC) at the College of Arts & Letters at San Diego State University (SDSU) fosters effective teaching and learning of world languages locally, regionally, and nationally. LARC pursues this through initiatives involving research-based design and delivery of language and culture programs, teacher professionalization, and assessment.
- Less commonly taught languages are an integral part of world languages education;
- Language teaching and learning are fundamental activities to a globally engaged and culturally aware society;
- Teacher professionalization and reflective best practices in language education are of utmost importance for instructors;
- Meaningful community engagement is essential to the work of SDSU, LARC, and all institutions of higher education;
- Articulation between K-12 and postsecondary education is vital for the development of professionals ready to contribute on an international scale.
LARC’s staff comprises a diverse, multilingual team that collaborates with partners on and off campus to promote language teaching and learning in the domains of practice, policy, and research.
Students / Language Learners
- Language Learning Resources
- LARC Language Space Website
- Summer Intensive Language Courses
- NEWL Test Center at LARC-SDSU
Faculty / Language Teachers
- Job Opportunities at SDSU-LARC
- Language Teaching Resources
- Lesson Plan Generator (LPG)
- Computer Assisted Screening Tool (CAST)
- SAILN World Language Project
Program and Visitor Information
Hiring: LCLT Contractual Language Instructors
Seeking instructors in various less commonly taught languages (LCTLs)
Click here to apply in the LARC Applicant Pool
SAILN Professional Development Events
Strand LCTL (Less Commonly Taught Languages)
EL Workshop, Spanish Workshop, CoP Workshop, and More
Visit the SAILN Events Page for More Information
STARTALK Student Program 2023-2024
Chinese, Persian, and Russian
Learn More Here
Project Global Officer (GO) 2023
Arabic, Chinese (Mandarin), and Portuguese Domestic
4 sessions, earn SDSU credit, in-person and online
Apply for Project GO 2023
Learn more about SDSU Project GO
Project GO Annual Fall 2022 Meeting Website
Project GO MOPI Workshop 2023 Information