LARC’s Mission Statement
The Language Acquisition Resource Center (LARC) at the College of Arts & Letters at San Diego State University (SDSU) fosters effective teaching and learning of world languages locally, regionally, and nationally. LARC pursues this through initiatives involving research-based design and delivery of language and culture programs, teacher professionalization, and assessment.
- Less commonly taught languages are an integral part of world languages education;
- Language teaching and learning are fundamental activities to a globally engaged and culturally aware society;
- Teacher professionalization and reflective best practices in language education are of utmost importance for instructors;
- Meaningful community engagement is essential to the work of SDSU, LARC, and all institutions of higher education;
- Articulation between K-12 and postsecondary education is vital for the development of professionals ready to contribute on an international scale.
LARC’s staff comprises a diverse, multilingual team that collaborates with partners on and off campus to promote language teaching and learning in the domains of practice, policy, and research.
Students / Language Learners
Faculty / Language Teachers
- Language Teaching Resources
- Lesson Plan Generator (LPG)
- Computer Assisted Screening Tool (CAST)
- SAILN World Language Project
Program and Visitor Information
SDSU Summer Intensive Language Courses
Arabic, Chinese, Persian, Portuguese, Russian
Novice (5/30-7/3) Intermediate (7/9-8/10)
Registration is OPEN
OPI Familiarization One Day Workshops at LARC
June 22 and 23, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
Price Per Person: $75 (breakfast, lunch & parking permit)
Registration and More Information