The multilingual and multicultural team of instructors, staff, and faculty at SDSU-LARC endorses the College of Arts and Letters' Statement of Solidarity with Black Lives Matter and against Anti-Blackness.
Due to COVID-19, our offices, labs, and training rooms are closed. All staff are teleworking. Language and culture training as well as professional development courses have been moved online.
LARC’s Mission Statement
The Language Acquisition Resource Center (LARC) at the College of Arts & Letters at San Diego State University (SDSU) fosters effective teaching and learning of world languages locally, regionally, and nationally. LARC pursues this through initiatives involving research-based design and delivery of language and culture programs, teacher professionalization, and assessment.
- Less commonly taught languages are an integral part of world languages education;
- Language teaching and learning are fundamental activities to a globally engaged and culturally aware society;
- Teacher professionalization and reflective best practices in language education are of utmost importance for instructors;
- Meaningful community engagement is essential to the work of SDSU, LARC, and all institutions of higher education;
- Articulation between K-12 and postsecondary education is vital for the development of professionals ready to contribute on an international scale.
LARC’s staff comprises a diverse, multilingual team that collaborates with partners on and off campus to promote language teaching and learning in the domains of practice, policy, and research.
Students / Language Learners
- Language Learning Resources
- LARC Labs Website
- Moodle LARC
- Summer Intensive Language Courses
- NEWL Test Center at LARC-SDSU
Faculty / Language Teachers
- Language Teaching Resources
- Lesson Plan Generator (LPG)
- Computer Assisted Screening Tool (CAST)
- SAILN World Language Project
Program and Visitor Information
SAILN Professional Development Events
Strand A, B, C – Spring 2021 Flyer
Begins January 23, 2021
Framework 101 Workshop – 2021 Series
1/29, 3/26, 4/30, 5/28 (Free)
Visit the SAILN Events Page for More Information
Online LARC FFuN Series – Spring 2021
LARC Foreign Film Series and Discussion
Coming Soon: Spring 2021 FFuN schedule
STARTALK Teacher Training
Arabic, Chinese, Hindi, Korean, Persian, Russian, Turkish and Urdu
June 1-12, 2020 (deferred to summer 2021)
LARC STARTALK Teacher Training
SDSU Project GO 2021
Hybrid Arabic, Persian, Portuguese – SDSU/Online
Study Abroad Portuguese – Florianopolis, Brazil
More information / Applications Open