LARC’s Mission Statement
The Language Acquisition Resource Center (LARC) at the College of Arts & Letters at San Diego State University (SDSU) fosters effective teaching and learning of world languages locally, regionally, and nationally. LARC pursues this through initiatives involving research-based design and delivery of language and culture programs, teacher professionalization, and assessment.
- Less commonly taught languages are an integral part of world languages education;
- Language teaching and learning are fundamental activities to a globally engaged and culturally aware society;
- Teacher professionalization and reflective best practices in language education are of utmost importance for instructors;
- Meaningful community engagement is essential to the work of SDSU, LARC, and all institutions of higher education;
- Articulation between K-12 and postsecondary education is vital for the development of professionals ready to contribute on an international scale.
LARC’s staff comprises a diverse, multilingual team that collaborates with partners on and off campus to promote language teaching and learning in the domains of practice, policy, and research.
Students / Language Learners
Faculty / Language Teachers
- Language Teaching Resources
- Lesson Plan Generator (LPG)
- Computer Assisted Screening Tool (CAST)
- SAILN World Language Project
Program and Visitor Information
2019 Proficiency & Performance Winter Institute @SDSU
4-Day OPI Assessment Workshop, Jan 9-11
Writing Proficiency Rater Training, Jan 8-9
Registration is now open!
Learn more and register here
DLI Career Fair at SDSU
Seeking fluent speakers of Levantine Arabic, Spanish, French, Russian, Korean, and Farsi.
Dec. 7: 8:30 am – 4:30 pm, Storm Hall 208
Dec. 8: 8:30 am – 4:30 pm, Storm Hall 205
More Information and Directions
CALICO Conference 2019
Montreal, Quebec, Canada, May 21 – 25, 2019
Call for Proposals Open, Deadline 10/26/18
SDSU Project Global Officer (GO) Applications Open
ROTC Language Scholarship Program
Arabic, Persian-Farsi, Chinese Mandarin, Portuguese, Russian
Learn more and apply at: rotcprojectgo.org