LARC’s Mission Statement
The Language Acquisition Resource Center (LARC) at the College of Arts & Letters at San Diego State University (SDSU) fosters effective teaching and learning of world languages locally, regionally, and nationally. LARC pursues this through initiatives involving research-based design and delivery of language and culture programs, teacher professionalization, and assessment.
- Less commonly taught languages are an integral part of world languages education;
- Language teaching and learning are fundamental activities to a globally engaged and culturally aware society;
- Teacher professionalization and reflective best practices in language education are of utmost importance for instructors;
- Meaningful community engagement is essential to the work of SDSU, LARC, and all institutions of higher education;
- Articulation between K-12 and postsecondary education is vital for the development of professionals ready to contribute on an international scale.
LARC’s staff comprises a diverse, multilingual team that collaborates with partners on and off campus to promote language teaching and learning in the domains of practice, policy, and research.
Students / Language Learners
- Language Learning Resources
- LARC Labs Website
- Moodle LARC
- Summer Intensive Language Courses
- NEWL Test Center at LARC-SDSU
Faculty / Language Teachers
- Language Teaching Resources
- Lesson Plan Generator (LPG)
- Computer Assisted Screening Tool (CAST)
- SAILN World Language Project
Program and Visitor Information
SAILN Professional Development Upcoming Events
SAILN 2020 Core Programs – Strands A, C, EL, and D
9am to 3pm on January 25, February 29, March 28, April 25, and May 30.
Visit the SAILN Events Page for More Information
LARC FFuN Series – Spring 2020
Foreign Film Series and Discussion
LARC Lab, Storm Hall 204, SDSU (Map)
Every Wednesday, 7:00 – 9:00 PM
Spring 2020 schedule coming soon
SWCOLT / CLTA Conference 2020
April 2-5, 2020, Disneyland Hotel
More information on SWCOLT/CLTA Conference