- CA Language Teachers Association (CLTA)
- Center for Latin American Studies
- FLT Magazine
- Foreign Language Council of SD
- LARC Labs Website
- LARC Moodle 2.9
- LARC Newsletter
- LARC Professional Development
- LARC Project GO
- Lesson Plan Generator (LPG)
- National Language Resource Centers
- Social Media and Language Learning Portal (SMaLL)
- The Southern Area International Languages Network (SAILN)
- Teachers Mentoring Teachers: STARTALK
- Tell Project: STARTALK
"New Routes for the Portuguese Language and Communities"
March 11-13 at San Diego State University
View Conference and Registration Information
SWALLT 2016 Conference at LARC, April 1-2
"Digital Humanities and Foreign Language Learning"
View Proposal and Conference Information
Intensive Summer Language Classes 2016
Arabic, Chinese, Persian, Portuguese, and Russian
Welcome to the Language Acquisition Resource Center
LARC is a San Diego State University-housed national Language Training Center (LTC) delivering language and culture training for active duty military, ROTC students, and reserve personnel to respond to the cross-service need for demonstrable communicative competence in world languages and cultures. LARC’s LTC enhances partners’ linguistic and cross-cultural mission readiness, providing language enhancement, conversion or initial acquisition training.
LARC also supports the teaching and learning of foreign languages in the United States through research, technology integration, and resource development. Particular attention is paid to less commonly taught languages, cross-cultural competence, language skills assessment, and teacher professional development.