- CA Language Teachers Association (CLTA)
- Center for Latin American Studies
- FLT Magazine
- Foreign Language Council of SD
- LARC Labs Website
- LARC Moodle 2.9
- LARC Newsletter
- LARC Professional Development
- LARC Project GO
- Lesson Plan Generator (LPG)
- National Language Resource Centers
- Social Media and Language Learning Portal (SMaLL)
- The Southern Area International Languages Network (SAILN)
- Teachers Mentoring Teachers: STARTALK
- Tell Project: STARTALK
Presenter: Noah Geisel, 2013 ACTFL Teacher of the Year
Time: Wednesday, November 18, 2015
More Information and Registration Form
1-day Workshop with Dr. Mahdi Alosh
4-Day OPI Workshop is Full
Price and more information
ACTFL is coming to San Diego!
San Diego Convention Center
November 20-22, 2015
Register and more information
"Italy and the Mediterranean"
Presentation by Dean Norma Bouchard
Monday, November 23, 1:30 - 2:30 pm at Storm Hall 204
Welcome to the Language Acquisition Resource Center
LARC is a San Diego State University-housed national Language Training Center (LTC) delivering language and culture training for active duty military, ROTC students, and reserve personnel to respond to the cross-service need for demonstrable communicative competence in world languages and cultures. LARC’s LTC enhances partners’ linguistic and cross-cultural mission readiness, providing language enhancement, conversion or initial acquisition training.
LARC also supports the teaching and learning of foreign languages in the United States through research, technology integration, and resource development. Particular attention is paid to less commonly taught languages, cross-cultural competence, language skills assessment, and teacher professional development.