- CA Language Teachers Association (CLTA)
- Center for Latin American Studies
- FLT Magazine
- Foreign Language Council of SD
- LARC Labs Website
- LARC Moodle 2.9
- LARC Moodle 3.1
- LARC Newsletter
- LARC Professional Development
- LARC Project GO
- Lesson Plan Generator (LPG)
- National Language Resource Centers
- Social Media and Language Learning Portal (SMaLL)
- STARTALK-LARC Language Programs
- The Southern Area International Languages Network (SAILN)
- Teachers Mentoring Teachers: STARTALK
- Tell Project: STARTALK
- CALL Class - Fall 2016
View the job description and apply here
LARC's Director Wins an SDSU Monty Award
Congratulations to Dr. Mary Ann Lyman-Hager!
Read more about the award
4-day ACTFL OPI Workshop at LARC
January 17-20, 2017 / $472.50
Only 3 Seats Left!
More Information and Register
ConCALL, October 7-9, 2017
“Continuing the Journey: Strengthening the Central Asian Language Community”
Hosted by CeLCAR at Indiana University
Welcome to the Language Acquisition Resource Center
LARC is a San Diego State University-housed national Language Training Center (LTC) delivering language and culture training for active duty military, ROTC students, and reserve personnel to respond to the cross-service need for demonstrable communicative competence in world languages and cultures. LARC’s LTC enhances partners’ linguistic and cross-cultural mission readiness, providing language enhancement, conversion or initial acquisition training.
LARC also supports the teaching and learning of foreign languages in the United States through research, technology integration, and resource development. Particular attention is paid to less commonly taught languages, cross-cultural competence, language skills assessment, and teacher professional development.